Sunday, January 4, 2009

Refacing

Saturday ran away from me, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to show what we are doing on the home front. Although we build kitchen cabinets, we have decided to take our 1980's outdated kitchen into the next century and give it a European flair with some painted doors.
Since we can only work on this on our occasional day off, it has been a long time in progress.
Here is what the original doors and cabinets looked like....






We have chosen to make new doors with several layers of molding on them in order to give interest to cabinets that once had a 1980 formica door! Somehow, when I put that kitchen in, I thought it was so cool looking.... The color I chose for this reface is a Ben Moore Color called Mayonnaise...I am slowly painting all of the molding in our house this color. It is a warm color that seems to blend with all other colors. It is not white nor off-white, it is creamy like hmmmmm....mayonnaise.
The new doors look like this...and I love them.


So here they are without the knobs on all since I forgot to order more!!!!

The basic layout of the kitchen will not change with the exception of the peninsula. We have already removed a hanging cabinet that was over the peninsula. Once the kitchen is opened up we will build an island that is a piece of furniture and can be centered. That may be a way off, but we are slowly getting there.


Refacing is a way of getting a fresh new look at a fraction of the cost...and yes, Stowebound does refacing. Here is one we did just about a year ago.



after






Before

No comments:

Post a Comment